This page is a stub, serving as a template for other topic pages. More content to come….
- Principal of Least Action/The Calculus of Variations
- Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Field Theory: Second Quantization*
* Although the Path Integral Formulation of QFT can be learned independently of the Second Quantization approach, a certain appreciation of the underlying concepts would be lacking.
Reading List – Books:
- R.P. Feynman, QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter
- I.D. Lawrie, A Unified Grand Tour of Theoretical Physics, Second Edition, IOP Publishing Ltd. (2002)
- L.M. Brown, Feynman’s Thesis: A New Approach to Quantum Theory. World Scientific, NJ (2008)
- R.P. Feynman and A. R. Hibbs, Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals, Emended Edition. Dover, NY (2005).
- Mattuck, A Guide to Feynman Diagrams in the Many-Body Problem
- R.P. Feynman and S. Weinberg, Elementary Particles and the Laws of Physics
Reading List – Articles:
- R. P. Feynman, “Relativistic Cut-Off for Quantum Electrodynamics“, Phys. Rev. 74:1430 (1948).
- P. Feynman, “Space-Time Approach to Non-Relativistic Quantum Mechanics“, Rev. of Mod. Phys. 20:367 (1948).
- R.P. Feynman, “The Theory of Positrons” Phys. Rev. 76, pp. 749-759 (1949)
- R.P. Feynman, “Space-Time Approach to Quantum Electrodynamics” Phys. Rev. 76, pp. 769-789 (1949)
- R.P. Feynman, “Mathematical Formulation of the Quantum Theory of Electromagnetic Interaction”Phys. Rev. 80, pp. 440-457 (1950)
Lecture Notes, Lectures, and Presentations:
- The Feynman Lectures (1979)
- Leonard Susskind’s Lectures on the Basic Concepts of Particle Physics
- G. ‘t Hooft, “The Conceptual Basis of Quantum Field Theory”
- [hep-th/9302097] An Introduction into the Feynman Path Integral by C. Grosche
- C. Egli, “Feynman Path Integrals in Quantum Mechanics”
- Alex, Nelson, “Notes on Feynman Diagrams” (a remarkable intro to Feynman’s recipe for performing QED calculations, concentrating on procedure rather than theory)
- R. MacKenzie, “Path Integral Methods and Applications” (excellent intro)
- J. Beacham, “An Introduction to Path Integrals” (another excellent intro)
- C. Egli, “Feynman Path Integrals in Quantum Mechanics” (a very concise summary)
- L.R. Mead, “Introduction to Quantum Electrodynamics”
- R. Kass “Feynman Diagrams” (PPT)
- S. Weinberg, “What is Quantum Field Theory, and What Did We Think It is?” (a must-read on the topic of QFT)
- Path Integral Formulation (Wikipedia)
- Quantum Electrodynamics (QED) (Wikipedia)
- Feynman diagrams (Wikipedia)
- Renormalization (Wikipedia)